Note: This is for everyone so lubuntu-desktop@lists.launchpad.net :)

Dear ALL,

First thing I've been told when I joined back in August is to learn how to
be patient so please, be patient :)

Appearances could be deceiving ;)
One Stop Thread has started as 2 HOWTOs for Lubuntu, that's all. I then
figured out that Lubuntu Users need something a little bit beyond so there
came One Stop Thread. After my thread became sticky, that motivated me even
more to go beyond but I'm just waiting the right moment as I have huge
personal issues on real life that I must deal with it before anything else
but I'm actually ignoring and focusing on the best thing I love to do in
life, that is Linux.

What am I talking about?
One Stop Thread is just the first step towards something bigger and much
more useful.
Last night, I made a banner using Photoshop (sorry, can't use GIMP at the
moment - I'm faster on Photoshop) and I made it for a purpose. If you will
have a look, you'll understand the whole point of having One Stop Thread
and the real primary purpose of it :)

Check : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755
You'll see the banner at the very beginning :)

I'm trying to see the reactions of people and so far, they loved it. Then,
I'm going to improve it on daily basis. Then, I'm going even beyond that
but again, please be patient.

However, I DO REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE all what you have mentioned
and I'll take that into consideration. One thing that you guys need to know
is, One Stop Thread is NOT meant to be a place where people start posting
about their problems and expect an answer. I know this is what is happening
right now but if you notice, these are general questions. Above all, I can
NOT ask people NOT to post over there because that is against the real
purpose of my thread. However, what I can do is to keep it simple and short
and organized as much as possible and I do have some plans for that but
again, wait please :)

I found myself helpful more on the forum. This is what I've been doing for
a year even before joining Lubuntu Team so I'll carry on with that :)
I also founded very interesting to update the Wiki Area and keep it up to
date. However, the real question is: Do you guys want the Wiki Pages to be
our Primary Source of Information? be careful because that means the Wiki
Area will be much bigger than what it looks like now.
If you have a plan to make it as good as Arch Wiki (which has almost
everything about Arch) then I'm more than ready but ... I'm doing many
other things like Forum, Testing, etc etc and I don't want to lose my focus
on that. More people must be involved on the Wiki Pages IMHO.

For me, Forum is much easier to maintain and then I update the Wiki
Pages accordingly.
Also, Traffic on Forum is much more.
Above all, I don't really feel comfortable when I browse our Wiki because I
feel there is something missing. I think the whole thing needs to be
reviewed and re-organized. IMHO of course.

Another thing is: www.lubuntu.net must be back to action again. I see NO
POINT of re-directing the page to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

I have asked before if I can update it and I've been told that this access
can't be given to new people. Understood. But someone must take the
responsibility and focus on our website. As a user, I don't feel happy when
the page re-direct to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

You see I have tons of ideas but I'm not sure yet when to discuss all that?
I'm still doing that here on the mailing list but I guess we need some
other place.

In the mean time, I prefer to focus on what I'm doing and not to do many
things at one time.

I'm really glad to get all these replies from you, that means a lot to me,
seriously :)
I promise that I'll do my best to provide the best to everyone in this
community and one thing you need to know about me is that when I go extra
miles, I really go EXTRA MILES so don't worry about me. However, I can't do
everything alone, I need more people to be involved. I do love team work.
That's why I made another thread: Lubuntu One Stop Group.

Everyone here is doing great job, no doubt about it but we need to be
little bit more organized and each one of us focus on one or two things,
not everything. That will increase our performance in no time. Again, just
my humble personal opinion.

:)

Thank you ALL, I love being here and I love you all ... Lubuntu Dazzles
People!

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Phill Whiteside <phi...@phillw.net> wrote:

> Hi lubunteers,
>
> The most important thing is that each part is up to date. The more we
> diverge into different areas, the more impossible this becomes.
>
> I put up to people that our official wiki area should be 1st source and
> all other areas should point to it.
>
> We have already had this discussion wıth lubuntu.net pointıng to out of
> date stuff and ıt was corrected. There is not a snow flake in hells chance
> for our small team to keep every area up to date.
>
> My proposal was, is and continues to be that we PRIMARILY use our wiki
> area that includes 'How To' and 'Work Arounds' that are pointed to as. From
> all the other areas, a link that is updated is silly. People bookmark them.
> As renewed 'How Tos' / Work arounds are placed onto the forum etc. they
> must be then put onto the wiki area so that we are 'all singing off the
> same hymn sheet' Ali is excentlally placed to both look after the forum
> thread & has proven to be good at wiki - So I vote for hım.
>
> Having different sets of instructions / advice for people is simply going
> to lead to the chaos that we see generally when someone 'googles' a problem.
>
> I look forward to the replies, and, yes - we need them as to how we are
> going to have to decide on where we keep the MASTER set of instructions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phıll.
>

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Jared Norris <jrnor...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> My personal preference is to use each segment to the best of it's
>> ability. The help.u.c/community wiki is useful for howto guides useful
>> to large audiences, the forums are good for one on one assistance, the
>> mailing list usually gets help reasonably quickly, IRC is instant and
>> AU has it's own little place.
>>
>> We have so many ways to contribute information to the general public,
>> I think as long as we choose the best option for the type of
>> information we're trying to request or present then it doesn't really
>> matter *where* it is.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *