On 12/26/2011 12:09 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset wrote:

> Will Viewnior be the default image viewer in 12.04 ? In 11.04 and 11.10
> it's not in the repos...

There are some issues with the modified included graphics library that
Viewnior uses, and Debian/Ubuntu packaging policy.  Its author does not
want it included linking to the system version of library...

So what we originally thought was a technical issue (get it packaged and
into Debian, sync to Ubuntu) has turned into a much more complicated
packaging/policy/desires-of-authors issue.  I do not know if this will
all get resolved well in time for 12.04.

Jonathan