Resending this as I just clicked reply and by default doing that the
mail gets sent to the original poster rather than the list

It would be really handy to be able to get some Lubuntu pressed cd's
cheaply, I know canonical sell 5 ubunty cd's for £5 but I can buy a 50
blank dvd's for that,  it would be nice to be able to simply buy say 25
properly pressed cd's for a reasonable price, proper printed cd's etc.,
Ideally in the UK.

Maybe for Lubuntu 13.10 this could be possible. ?

Would be ideal for events etc, it would also look professional,

Paul

On 14/09/13 20:49, Jackson Doak wrote:
> I personally think canonical are doing the wrong thing, especially
> since lubuntu would work on macs too. I don't think i've every seen
> ubuntu working well on an old PC.
>
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wikl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> The original suggestion was to use Lubuntu, which suits very well for
>> ageing Windows XP computers and their users. But Canonical staff decided
>> to supply Ubuntu instead. I think the reason is that there is no LTS
>> version of Lubuntu, and nine months is way too short life-time for the
>> München project.
>>
>> Unfortunately standard Ubuntu has too big foot-print for many of the
>> ageing XP computers. If Precise Gnome Classic Tweaks had been delivered
>> (as a tweaked respin), the chance of success would have been much
>> greater (it allows switching between a good desktop environment for old
>> computers and the modern Unity for newer computers).
>>
>> The One Button Installer is made for similar situations, to replace
>> Windows XP, but there is an important difference. It is intended for USB
>> pendrives, and cannot be mass-distributed as boot CDs. A user should
>> download the image file and flash it to a pendrive, which can be used by
>> several people in the neighbourhood. Precise Gnome Classic Tweaks as
>> well as Lubuntu and several other versions, flavours and respins of
>> Ubuntu are available as tarballs (compressed tar files).
>>
>> See this thread in the Ubuntu Forums and a direct link to a recent post

>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2157233&page=2&p=12788404#post12788404
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
>> --

http://www.zleap.net

Software freedom day event - 21st September 2013  - http://exeter.lug.org.uk/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.