I have used DuckDuckGo and Ixquick for quite some years now. I try to encourage otehrs to use it too, they don't confine you to results that the computer "thinks" you will like. I think DuckDuckGo is especially nice with the whole ! (bang) searching. I use that an incredible amount. You can search the ubuntuforums with !askubuntu <String> or askubuntu with !askubuntu <String>
There are tons of sites
https://duckduckgo.com/bang.html
And there are tons of other goodies too...
https://duckduckgo.com/goodies#Everyday
I think it is a superior search experience, though sometimes I use ixquick if I can't find what I am looking for. It is nice having 2 to get different results, though in the past year ddg has gotten a lot better results.