On 05/12/2016 06:11 AM, 0iras0r wrote:
I edit the grub2 as you suggest..
Then change:
quiet splash
nomodeset
after doing this, when I tried to shut down
....stuff closed ok....
r8169 0000:03:00.0 System wake up enabled by ACPI <-----Maybe the issue
is here!!! =D
Hi,
Did this work completely?  I don't fully understand your reply.
ACPI is the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface so it does have something to do with acpi, indeed!

If it didn't work you could try using some acpi options
Here is the EXHAUSTIVE kernel parameters list
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

tl;dr
acpi=off might work as a temporary test... but I don't recommend adding it as a kernel parameter permanently
go through and test the other 'Format' options

acpi={force | off | strict | noirq | rsdt | copy_dsdt}

This is the snippet from the page:

acpi=           [HW,ACPI,X86,ARM64]
                        Advanced Configuration and Power Interface
                        Format: { force | off | strict | noirq | rsdt |
                                  copy_dsdt }
                        force -- enable ACPI if default was off
                        off -- disable ACPI if default was on
                        noirq -- do not use ACPI for IRQ routing
                        strict -- Be less tolerant of platforms that are not
                                strictly ACPI specification compliant.
                        rsdt -- prefer RSDT over (default) XSDT
                        copy_dsdt -- copy DSDT to memory
                        For ARM64, ONLY "acpi=off" or "acpi=force" are available

                        See also Documentation/power/runtime_pm.txt, pci=noacpi

--
Regards