On 06/23/2016 10:40 AM, J. Van Brimmer wrote:
Hello folks,

I am trying, really I am, to like Lubuntu and to stick with it. But one thing
really bugs me, the way PCManFM sorts files. Can somebody please explain to me
the logic of sorting hidden files and directories *before* normal files/dirs?

For example, take a look at this image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ono67mx0svaljp/2016-06-23-080918_997x784_scrot.png?dl=0

Why are hidden files sorted *before* normal files? It just feels wrong to me, but if there's a good, logical reason for it, maybe I could get used to it, if I see the advantage to it.

Cheers,

---Jerry

Hi,
They would seem to be sorted numerically (at least somewhat)
In ASCII the . comes before the letters, though Capitals come before lowercase, so it is not 100% accurate. This is just my guess as to 'why' For me, if I have enabled hidden folders/files to be seen I want to find them first.
CTRL+H will hide them/unhide them
You can also (in the newer versions) change the colours of the hidden files.
I actually really like pcmanfm much better than all the other file managers I have used. It handles everything (now) that I want it to, and has features others don't (F4 to open a terminal in the current directory)

But, as it has been pointed out you can use another file manager, there are plenty to choose from
apt-cache search "file manager"

--
Regards