Hi,
I think I will try to make both sides here more clear.

scrooyahoo:
I want my privacy and digital freedom.
I also want to use the best distro ever.
I do not want to give more control to the people who are taking it without our permission.

others:
if you do not like losing some of these liberties you are free to use another os, even if this one is the best.
there is nothing we can do to fix this issue, because it is not our fault.
in fact this issue is not even Ubuntu's fault, it is freenode that does not allow you to use it.

bottom line:
freedom is very important. we cannot let it erode, as history has shown us time and time again the horrid consequences of letting the government rule the people heavily and mass surveillance. we cannot blame people making a great operating system for things that they simply do not have control over (other companies, other websites or domains like freenode). The entire GNU/Linux community is doing a good job at protecting privacy, and freedom. Some insist on only the purest libre experience.

Lubuntu's user group is the best, and Lubuntu is one of the best distros for low-end machines. There are a few others that are really great, but Lubuntu has the best community and this makes Lubuntu stand above the rest.