I think I have subscribed all the relevant teams, I'll upload in a day or two
if nobody complains :)
And also Brandon, if he want to check if everything is good mir-side
G.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Lubuntu,
which is subscribed to the bug report.

Title:
  [Ffe] sdl2 2.0.6

Status in libsdl2 package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  We should get sdl 2.0.6 in Ubuntu too.

  Bug fix only release ABI compatible (including crash fixes and buffer
  overflow fixes)

  libsdl2 has also a new vulkan compatible driver, I think we should get
  it into artful too, but I'm also open to disable it (having a new
  delta from Debian)

  new functions should be "Ffe safe" sine the ABI is kept stable, and
  nobody uses them

  uploaded in ppa:costamagnagianfranco/locutusofborg-ppa

  changelog:

  +2.0.6:^M
  +---------------------------------------------------------------------------^M
  +^M
  +General:^M
  +* Added cross-platform Vulkan graphics support in SDL_vulkan.h^M
  +       SDL_Vulkan_LoadLibrary()^M

  +       SDL_Vulkan_GetVkGetInstanceProcAddr()^M
  +       SDL_Vulkan_GetInstanceExtensions()^M
  +       SDL_Vulkan_CreateSurface()^M
  +       SDL_Vulkan_GetDrawableSize()^M
  +       SDL_Vulkan_UnloadLibrary()^M
  +  This is all the platform-specific code you need to bring up Vulkan on all
SDL platforms. You can look at an example in test/testvulkan.c^M
  +* Added SDL_ComposeCustomBlendMode() to create custom blend modes for 2D
rendering^M
  +* Added SDL_HasNEON() which returns whether the CPU has NEON instruction
support^M
  +* Added support for many game controllers, including the Nintendo Switch Pro
Controller^M
  +* Added support for inverted axes and separate axis directions in game
controller mappings^M
  +* Added functions to return information about a joystick before it's
opened:^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetDeviceVendor()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetDeviceProduct()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetDeviceProductVersion()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetDeviceType()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetDeviceInstanceID()^M
  +* Added functions to return information about an open joystick:^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetVendor()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetProduct()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetProductVersion()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetType()^M
  +       SDL_JoystickGetAxisInitialState()^M
  +* Added functions to return information about an open game controller:^M
  +       SDL_GameControllerGetVendor()^M
  +       SDL_GameControllerGetProduct()^M
  +       SDL_GameControllerGetProductVersion()^M
  +* Added SDL_GameControllerNumMappings() and
SDL_GameControllerMappingForIndex() to be able to enumerate the built-in game
controller mappings^M
  +* Added SDL_LoadFile() and SDL_LoadFile_RW() to load a file into memory^M
  +* Added SDL_DuplicateSurface() to make a copy of a surface^M
  +* Added an experimental JACK audio driver^M
  +* Implemented non-power-of-two audio resampling, optionally using
libsamplerate to perform the resampling^M
  +* Added the hint SDL_HINT_AUDIO_RESAMPLING_MODE to control the quality of
resampling^M
  +* Added the hint SDL_HINT_RENDER_LOGICAL_SIZE_MODE to control the scaling
policy for SDL_RenderSetLogicalSize():^M
  +       "0" or "letterbox" - Uses letterbox/sidebars to fit the entire
rendering on screen (the default)^M
  +       "1" or "overscan"  - Will zoom the rendering so it fills the entire
screen, allowing edges to be drawn offscreen^M
  +* Added the hints SDL_HINT_MOUSE_NORMAL_SPEED_SCALE and
SDL_HINT_MOUSE_RELATIVE_SPEED_SCALE to scale the mouse speed when being read
from raw mouse input^M
  +* Added the hint SDL_HINT_TOUCH_MOUSE_EVENTS to control whether SDL will
synthesize mouse events from touch events^M
  +^M
  +Windows:^M
  +* The new default audio driver on Windows is WASAPI and supports
hot-plugging devices and changing the default audio device^M
  +* The old XAudio2 audio driver is deprecated and will be removed in the next
release^M
  +* Added hints SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_INTRESOURCE_ICON and
SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_INTRESOURCE_ICON_SMALL to specify a custom icon resource ID
for SDL windows^M
  +* The hint SDL_HINT_WINDOWS_DISABLE_THREAD_NAMING is now on by default for
compatibility with .NET languages and various Windows debuggers^M
  +* Updated the GUID format for game controller mappings, older mappings will
be automatically converted on load^M
  +* Implemented the SDL_WINDOW_ALWAYS_ON_TOP flag on Windows^M
  +^M
  +Linux:^M
  +* Added an experimental KMS/DRM video driver for embedded development^M
  +^M
  +iOS:^M
  +* Added a hint SDL_HINT_AUDIO_CATEGORY to control the audio category,
determining whether the phone mute switch affects the audio^M