We're nearing October 19th, the release date for Lubuntu 17.10. We need
your help in testing Lubuntu 17.10 so we can release on Thursday.

The Lubuntu team needs help testing to make sure that the ISO boots and
installs the system correctly, and can reboot into a Lubuntu desktop
without any critical errors.

We strongly recommend that you use real hardware, not virtual machines.
While virtual machines are useful, complete testing includes watching
out for edge cases.

To install Lubuntu, grab an image, write it to a USB drive (or burn it
to a DVD) and follow the instructions listed on the ISO QA tracker[1].
When you begin testing, mark the test case as "In Progress" and after
following the instructions, make sure to edit your result and indicate
if it was successful or if you ran into any problems.

If you see that the images are already tested, don't let that discourage
you. We would like to see more than one successful result for each test
case, so feel free to test it again. Also, don't be afraid to help out
any other flavours that are missing submissions -- the process for doing
this is pretty universal.

In addition today, Monday 16th October at 15:00 UTC, ubuntu-on-air will
holding a '17.10 Community ISO Testing' session and live stream/hangout[2]
@ ubuntuonair.com

Please attend and participate if you are able. The #ubuntu-on-air IRC
channel on irc.freenode.net can be joined via a web client found beneath
the live stream, or of course you can join in a normal IRC client.

If you find any new bugs that haven't been reported on the release notes
for Final Beta, please file a bug report and add it to the release notes.

Lastly, Simon will be working on the release notes[3] within the next
couple of days.

Please don't be afraid to correct any problems you might find.

Happy testing!

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds
[2] https://community.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-17-10-community-iso-testing/458
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/Lubuntu

Rik Mills
Kubuntu Developer
(on behalf of Simon Quigley, Lubuntu release manager)