Israel <israeld...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 01/28/2018 06:40 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
>> writes:
>>
> Hey guys,
>
> This list is public, and archived for other users to browse for answers
> to their questions.  While your discussion is interesting, it might be
> better to correspond off-list to keep this thread clean for ease of
> other users trying to find answers about
>
> " How to display all boot msgs during boot"

Sorry... a hefty stroke of silliness overtook me.

This is what works for making the boot messages display during boot:
(Just in case anyone actually skips thru all the baloney and gets to
here)

A link with this info was already pointed to earlier:

using your EDITOR_OF_CHOICE /etc/default/grub

Find the line that says:

  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quite splash"

And edit it to say:

  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

Then run the command `update-grub' (which has a bit of word to do)

Reboot the system and watch the boot msgs fly by.