With a new Linux kernel this week, Lubuntu failed to boot sometimes.
When it happened this morning, I read the entire system log.
It looks as though the acer_wmi problem may have been a red herring
which covered up the real problem: Windows 10 did not shut down properly.

Here are some interesting excepts from the system log:

If ACPI driver is available, use instead of native driver
Loaded firmware version 39.31.5.1 build 35138 op_mode iwldvm

acer_wmi: Acer Laptop ACPI-WMI Extras
acer_wmi: Unsupported machine has AMW0_GUID1, unable to load

The disk contains unclean file system (0,0)
Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount
Failed to mount '/dev/sda6': Operation not permitted.
The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
read-only with the 'ro' mount option.
mnt-d.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=14
Failed to mount /mnt/d.

Unit mnt-c.mount has failed.

When I installed Lubuntu 16, I specified: mount partitions 4 and 6
C:Win 10 Pro  on  /mnt/c
D:Data             on  /mnt/d

Richard H. McCullough
http://ContextKnowledgeSystems.org