On 02/05/2018 06:56 PM, Felipe M. Vieira wrote:

> Hey, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I'm using Lubuntu! Loving
> it.
>
> My i3 is configured by "lxsession-default-apps" > "core applications" >
> "Windows manager" blank field is set to "i3".
>
> So it looks like an instance of pcmanfm is opened everytime I start a
> session. How can I disable it?
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Felipe Martins Vieira
> I have transitioned to a new pgp key. Check my statement at:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hoaedh6tIss0P7TYHYZFIqyOy8jBbb7FNhYtO2RzCb8
> New Key Fingerprint: 4723 61F6 81DE A694 4060  D2BE ABD6 D936 A5B9 9720
> Mobile +55 11 971 066 250

Hi Felipe,

You should be able to configure this using something like 'Session Settings'

I only have LXQt running on my machine so I do not remember the name of
the program.  The LXQt version is much different than the Lubuntu GTK
one is.

The GTK one is a bit more scattered looking, and a bit more confusing
(well at least the last time I used it).  So, you will have to look for
the startup applications, or an option to set the desktop handler.
PCManFM can be run without handling the desktop, and unlike some of the
other FM (like Nautilus aka Files) PCManFM does not impose this feature
by default.  So, somewhere in your startup applications settings PCManFM
is being set to run with its --desktop option.

I am sorry that I cannot be more detailed, but I have not used the GTK
version of Lubuntu in a couple years, I am really interested in where
LXQt can go, mostly because:

<rant>

GTK has become increasingly worse with each new release.  The devs
consistently drop really useful things and deprecate needed features.
But it isn't that I don't like Lubuntu in GTK form, just the GTK+ APIs.

Qt has tended to add features and make itself more modular in the past
few years, rather than making itself more monolithic and have less
features like GTK has been doing.

</rant>

--
Regards