Yes, that works in the Geany VTE inside Geany.

My issue is that when Geany is set to run a script in the default terminal, it
does not work in LXTerminal, but it DOES work if I set it to use some other
terminal.

For instance. In Geany, Edit > Preferences > Tools > Terminal, replace
"x-terminal-emulator" with "xterm" (xterm must be installed).

Then, if I execute a bash script using Geany Build > Execute, then a Xterm
window pops up and the script executes as expected.

Also, this procedure works perfectly on other distros that I have installed.

In Kubuntu, my scripts execute just fine in Konsole, the KDE default terminal
emulator.

It's just that here in Lubuntu, it does not work with LXTerminal, the default
LXDE terminal.

I am trying to find out if this is the expected way for LXTerminal to operate.
If it is, then I'll drop the issue. If is is not, then I'll file a bug report.

God bless,

Jerry Van Brimmer

Sent using Zoho Mail

---- On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:03:21 -0800 Mark F <azday...@gmail.com> wrote