Is there a way to force PCManFM to always use "Sort Files > Ascending >
By Name" ?

I can set the sort order to Ascending > By Name, but it doesn't stay that
way. Every once in a while I'll click on some folder and it changes back to
Descending > By Modification Time. Very annoying.

I found on the web that this has been a long standing complaint about PCManFM.

I found this workaround:

----
You can use View > Sort Files to change the order in which PCManFM lists the
files, but PCManFM won't remember that the next time you start it. To make it
remember, go to Edit > Preferences and close. That will write your current
sort_type and sort_by values into ~/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf.
----

Found that here: http://tinyurl.com/phq7ska on the Arch Linux Wiki site. But
that workaround doesn't always work.

Is there a solution to this, or is this annoying problem by design?

I'm using Lubuntu 17.10.1 64bit fully updated.

God bless,

Jerry Van Brimmer

Sent using Zoho Mail