et al:

Working with Lu 18.04 . . . console says gparted is installed, but doesn't
show in menus, reinstalled it with synaptic, shows in menu, but crashes
after asking for password, cursor spins, gparted never opens--no crash
report is generated.  Bug report filed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1758591