On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 9:19 AM Bill Hopkins <bill_hopk...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I have tried Lubuntu 18.10, running as a Live Distro from a usb thumb
> drive.
> In both cases there is no "tap to click" function, to emulate a left mouse
> button click, on the touchpad.
> I also was unable to find any program in the Menu, to adjust the settings
> of a touchpad.
> I also tried to download a touchpad program from the software repository,
> but the programs I downloaded and installed, did not show up in the Menu.

I used the following in the past:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/atareao
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install touchpad-indicator

I'm not sure if that ppa is safe, or if there's a better source for that
app.  But, it still works in Lubuntu 18.04. You could try it in 18.10. It
puts a menu item in Accessories. When you execute it, it creates a task
icon near the clock, battery part of the task bar.

I don't use that. I wrote a shell script (executed from .profile at login)
to set synclient parms.

It seems like you should be able to find the .desktop file of the app you
installed. It should be in /usr/share/applications or
~/local/share/applications . (Maybe there are other common places for it).
For example, the one I installed above is at
/usr/share/applications/touchpad-indicator.desktop (If I browse that file,
it says it executes /usr/bin/touchpad-indicator).

Maybe the app you installed is present and you could create a menu item, or
simply execute it from the command line?

Mark