On 1/7/19 10:06 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> Lubuntu Users Group:
>
> (Sorry - I initially sent this from the wrong e-mail address)
>

> To mount my NFS drive on my local client systems, I needed something
> to get ask the user for root privilege.
>
> On Lubuntu 16.04, I used gksu, but on Lubuntu 18.04, that package
> appears to be unavailable.
>
> So in its place, I installed lxqt-sudo, and used that.
>
> However, after installing that, a number of applications no longer
> have their normal Gnome look-and-feel, but instead, have a dark look,
> and take up a huge (much more than necessary) amount of screen
> real-estate.
>
> The applications I'm having this problem with, are:
>
> qjackctl
>
> qsynth
>
> qmidiroute
>
> Does anyone know how I can change them back to their former Gnome
> look-and-feel (or even explain what has happened)?
>
> The strange thing is, on some of my 18.04 systems, this didn't happen
> - those applications still have their usual Gnome look-and-feel.
>
> I have been unable to determine why it is okay on some of my systems,
> and not on other systems.
>
> - Aere

Aere,

Those are Qt apps, are you using LXDE or LXQt?

If you are using LXDE then, installing lxqt-sudo probably installed some
more things, and changed a Qt setting.

You can make sure you have the Qt GTK+ engine

sudo apt install qt5-gtk-platformtheme

This hopefully will fix it.  If not, look for a Qt settings (or KDE
settings) in your /usr/share/applications/

Then launch this and change it to the qt gtk+ engine

--
Regards