On 2019-04-25 00:18, Mark F wrote:
> I installed 19.04 a few days ago, it seemed to install
> faster than I remember past versions.
> I was thinking maybe LXQt isn't as
> large (disk space) as LXDE. But, now it comes with LibreOffice.

Taking the panel as an example, the LXDE version has an installed size
of 792.0 kB versus the LXQt version of 2,043.0 kB. We've got larger,
more capable apps like LibreOffice, too, as you said. LXQt has whole
swathes of function that LXDE lacked (configuration center, e.g.).

I don't think size has anything to do with it. I just think Calamares'
modular design makes it "just right" for whatever sort of installer
setup a distribution is trying to create. Ubiquity is spaghetti (with
meatballs, no less). Calamares is svelte, elegant, powerful. That's at
least my feelings in working with the two, though I haven't done any
benchmarking.

If you get some good results from the benchmarking (maybe you should
benchmark the two installers?), please share to
lubuntu-de...@lists.ubuntu.com and perhaps we can use it in an upcoming
blog or a piece on the website. Credit to you, of course. :)

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D