Hi Folks,

I send this e-mail fully knowing that you must get a few big promises
from new users from time to time and then they "disappear" and are never
heard from again,

Let me introduce myself,

I am Karell, programmer from Canada - my primary language is French but
am fluent in English and work with Americans all day. I have about 25
years of computer programming experience and am in charge of IT for my
company (www.brainbankinc.com).

I love the engine and would like to learn more about it and assist in
improving it. While I'm not versed in any in the field of search
engines, I am very proficient in the world of Windows Services, the .NET
world and I'm allergic to people who like to use SQL for everything.

I have a few questions in order to get my bearings:

*         Is there a particular reason why (it seems) that the latest
version of Lucene (I looked in trunk and in the tags/2.4.0 folder) seem
to be in a VS2005 format?

*         Are there any plans (since it seems to still be using VS2005
it would be using .NET 2.0 usually) to move to C# 3.0, WCF and a better
threading system such as CCR?

*         I'm asking these questions because I'm interesting in becoming
a contributor to the main engine itself and those are some of the
changes that I would implement first.

I use VS2008 (and will be using 2010 when out of Beta) since we are a
Microsoft Partner and get the tool for free since we have the Customer
App Dev competency.

I don't have a problem using 2005 nor .NET 2.0 I'd just like to
understand the requirements/reasoning if there are any.

Thanks,

Karell Ste-Marie

C.I.O. - BrainBank Inc

MCP+I, MCP+SB, MCAD, MCSE