I did some learning about the details regarding project websites at the ASF.

Looks like there are a number of options available.

I looked over the websites for every Apache TLP and there are some
basic consistencies...
- Sites built with Apache Forrest (Lucene, Hadoop, WS)
- Sites built with Maven (Continuum, Maven, PDFBox, Logging)
- Sites built with some unknown but consistent system (Felix/Sling)
- Custom sites (ActiveMQ, Thrift, Cassandra)

On the JIRA ticket from a little while back, Prescott was trying to
figure this same thing out and there was a reference to an "ASF
'house' CMS", but I was unable to find any further information about
that.

Some relevant links:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html

My personal preference is the use whatever template that Felix/Sling are using:

http://felix.apache.org/site/index.html
http://sling.apache.org/site/index.html

I think it's clean, modern, and versatile. The Maven built sites look
ok as well, but not as pretty. I'm not a fan of Forrest.

Thanks,
Troy