From: Robert Jordan [mailto:robe...@gmx.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:16 AM
To: lucene-net-...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] 2.9.4

Hi Digy,

On 21.09.2011 23:38, Digy wrote:
> @Robert
>
>> Also, the fix for [LUCENENET-358] is basically making Lucene.Net.dll a
> .NET 4.0-only assembly:
>
> There is a commented part at the end of the CloseableThreadLocal which may
> seem familiar to you :)

Indeed :) I've missed this comment.

> No harm in uncommenting it and no conditional compilation is needed.
> It also pass all test cases.

BTW, there is an issue with this commented-out code. If Value
is not accessed at least once, Dispose() will fail with a
NullReferenceException. There is also a little chance for
a race condition.

I'd rather get rid of Init() for this code:

static SupportClass.WeakHashTable slots = new SupportClass.WeakHashTable();

Robert

https://github.com/robert-j/lucene.net/commit/c5218bca56c19b3407648224781eec

https://github.com/robert-j/lucene.net/commit/50bad187655d59968d51d472b57c2a

https://github.com/apache/lucene.net/commit/23ea6f52362fc7dbce48fd012cea129a