If I recall it correctly, last memory leak problem for 2.9.2 was reported in
~August from RavenDB, and it was fixed in 2.9.4(g)

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Currens [mailto:currens.ch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:33 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] Re: Memory Leak in 2.9.2.2

Trevor,

Unforunately I was unable to reproduce the memory leak you're experiencing
in 2.9.2.  Particularly with byte[], of the 18,277 that were created, only
13 were not garbage collected, and it's likely that they are not related to
Lucene (it's possible they are static, therefore would only be destroyed
with the AppDomain, outside of what the profiler can trace).  I tried to
emulate the code you showed us and there were no signs of any allocated
arrays that weren't cleaned up.  That doesn't mean there isn't one in your
code, but I just can't reproduce it with what you've shown us.  If it's
possible you can write a small program that has the same behavior, that
could help us track it down.

As a side note, what was a little disconcerting, though, was in 2.9.4 with
the same code, it created 28,565 byte[], and there was quite a few more
left uncollected (2,805 arrays).  The allocations are happening in
DocumentsWriter.ByteBlockAllocator, I'll have to look at it later though,
to see if its even a problem.

Thanks,
Christopher

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Granroth, Neal V. <
neal.granr...@thermofisher.com> wrote:

> Or maybe put the changes within a conditional compile code block?
>
> Thanks DIGY, works great.
>
> - Neal

IndexWriter.

-----