Hi Alexey,

I believe this version of Lucene.Net will be the last version that can be
compiled with the .NET 2.0 runtime which is what .NET 3.5 runs on. There
was a vote on supported runtime versions by the community this past year,
The community widely supported to drop .NET 2.0 runtime after the 2.9.4
release in favor of the .NET 4.0 runtime.

I also believe most of the committers will be focused on using generics
with the next version and possibly .NET 4.0 specific code. However, since
the code is open source, anyone can contribute branches that can be
compiled on the .NET 2.0 runtime. There is plenty of work and only a
handful of committers with a limited amount of time to work on the project
and there is a need for a narrow focus from the committers in order to move
the project forward with releases.  But we're more than open to discussing
what it would take to accomplish something like that if it has enough
support from the community if that is something that interests you or
anyone else reading this thread.

If you search the mailing list, DIGY has some instructions on how to
compile the 2.9.4 tag in a way that is compatible with .NET 2.0.

If I stumble across it or someone else knows the steps, it will re-posted
in this thread.  But it does have to do with commenting out the ThreadLocal
and uncommenting out another portion of the code.

- Michael