From: Chris Lomax [mailto:chri...@helloevery1.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:27 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [Lucene.Net] Extracting IsStored fields from a search result

I am trying to extract anything that is a field "IsStored" for use in
filtering lists

e.g. When you access an ecommerce site and you get the filter lists down
the left hand side, I wanted to store anything that I wanted filtering
and when I performed a search I wanted to create a lookup list from
these IsStored values.

I started something yesterday where I iterated over the fields returned
from the search results and picked out anything that was IsStored but I
feel there must be a more efficient way of doing this. I can not find
any documentation relating to this type of extraction.

Could anyone offer any advice on this?

Also, the dll does not work on vb.net as there are fields named the same
in the classes. For example, "ScoreDocs" in the
Lucene.Net.Search.TopDocs has a variable and a property declaration but
they are both set to Public so .Net cannot see the property. I had to
modify the class so the variable was private.

Thanks

Chris
-----