On 2012-02-09, Prescott Nasser wrote:

> Stefan, im looking into using the tarball approach to our docs. I
> attempted to update the website yesterday and I ended up running out
> of time waiting for the publish to happen.

I wish you good luck on the next attempt 8-)

Likely deleting all those HTMLs in svn is going to take quite some time
as well.

> In the meantime, you mentioned a roller set up for add - im not
> familiar with the term, but could you provide me a link or two to look
> into - getting a blog onto the front page would be fantastic.

There is an instance[1] of Apache Roller[2] that any PMC and PPMC can
get a blog on.  The main Apache site has some dynamic content like
tweets and svn commits, so the CMS must suppport embedding dynamic
content in some way and I don't think it is "just" using JavaScript for
it.

Unfortunately I don't know how to set up a Roller account for you (I'd
search around http://www.apache.org/dev/) or how to integrate feeds into
the CMS (I'd look into how the main site does it) and am traveling right
now so only have sporadic access to emails.  I hope I can lend a hand by
the weekend.

Stefan

[1] http://blogs.apache.org/
[2] http://roller.apache.org/