The case of the first character of the stored term "Forum" and the search term
"forum" differ.

- Neal G.

-----Original Message-----
From: hotmail_288fbf38c031d...@live.com
[mailto:hotmail_288fbf38c031d...@live.com] On Behalf Of Gian Maria Ricci
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:11 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: searching on NOT_ANALYZED fields seems not working.

Hi to everyone,

I'm indexing a document with StandardAnalyzer and the document has this
format

document.Add(new Field("Id", id, Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED,
Field.TermVector.NO));

document.Add(new Field("content", test, Field.Store.COMPRESS,
Field.Index.ANALYZED, Field.TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS));

document.Add(new Field("channelname", "Forum", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));

Now I'm expecting to being able to search with this code

 Term t = new Term("channelname", "forum");
                    var query = new TermQuery(t);
                    var docs = indexSearcher.Search(query, 10);

but it always returns 0 documents. Documents are returned only if I use the
Field.Index.ANALYZED enum, but I should be able to search even in
NOT_ANALYZED especially because I do not want analyzer to mess up with
content of this field, and I want it to be stored and searched without
tokenizing.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Gian Maria