Ah, I did overlook that.  I imagine that the move from 3.0.3 to 3.6 will
realistically take a while, so if we can't get spatial stuff out before
then, would it take until 3.6 to be able to release new functionality into
the spatial contrib project?  Along those lines, I propose that we move
3.0.3 into a new branch instead of just tagging the release and merging in
3.6.  That way, during the time it takes to port 3.6, we can still do any
critical bug fixes and features like these and release new versions.  At
least then, people won't be waiting for months for bug fixes.

If we did that, then it also might not be critical to get the spatial stuff
out with this release, since we could get out a new release in a few weeks
with updated spatial libraries...not that I'm against waiting for it now.
 It was just a suggestion on how we can move forward with the project.
 Thoughts either way on this?