I think it's because we use a WeakReference<T> that inherits from
WeakReference, which in turn, requires has this security attribute:
"SecurityPermissionAttribute(SecurityAction.InheritanceDemand, Flags =
SecurityPermissionFlag.UnmanagedCode)]".  I'm going to test on a
machine with a medium trust CAS and see if the change fixes anything.

Thanks,
Christopher