Hi! I was trying the lucene web-app (lucene-1.2-rc5-dev.jar). I've created
and indexed a simple html document with both english and russian words. it
was ANSI encoded, if I check  _3.fdt from created index, I can see my
document indexed and both russian and english terms indexed (it opens in utf
encoding, i suppose). but the problem starts when searching. If i search
with russian word, it returns nothing, if I search with engglish, it returns
a result, but all russian words are returned as ? signs. I've changed .jsp
contenttypes to return in UTF-8 encoding, but the resukt is still the same.

So, finally, does Lucene those multilingual search or not? What am I doing
wrong? I am trying to make it work since version 1.0 with russian docs, but
still no idea and no resutls :((((((