Hello,

You can remove the .lock file and try re-indexing or continuing
indexing where you left off.
I am not sure about the corrupt index.  I have never seen it happen,
and I believe I recall reading some messages from Doug Cutting saying
that index should never be left in an inconsistent state.  I could be
making this up, though, so I suggest you search through lucene-user and
lucene-dev archives on www.mail-archive.com.
A search for "corrupt" should do it.
Once you figure things out maybe you can post a summary here.

Otis