----- Original Message -----
From: "Otis Gospodnetic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Kelvin Tan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: Multiple field searching

> Kelvin,
>
> Right now I can't imagine a situation where one would need to pass
> multiple query strings in.  I certainly don't need it anywhere where I
> use Lucene, at least not yet.  So I'd say hold off with that addition
> unless people say they really need it.  Couldn't one always just call
> the parse method multiple times with a different query string each
> time, and then combine returned Query instances?

Otis,

I suppose that's possible.

Actually if you need to construct complex multi-field boolean queries via a
web-based form, my recommendation is to use client-side Javascript. I posted
one such script a while back (for the life of me I don't know why it slipped
my mind about it). The difficulty, IMHO, is not getting QueryParser to
construct the query, but making query construction by the end-user simple
enough and idiot-proof...:)

Regards,
Kelvin