Erik,

Mine is amazingly small too.  I store a very small field (a key into my
MySQL database for the full document) and index the content without
storing it. I have 40,000+ docs and it is only 28MB in size.  I've done
several searches and it seems to be correct.

James

The Game Development Search Engine
and DQuest E-zine
http://www.gdse.com/