petite_abeille wrote:
On Tuesday, Dec 17, 2002, at 17:43 Europe/Zurich, Doug Cutting wrote:

Index updates are atomic, so it is very unlikely that the index is corrupted, unless the underlying file system itself is corrupted.
Ummm... Perhaps in theory... In practice, indexes seems to get corrupted quiet easily in my experience. On the other hand, I seldom get a file system corruption. As always, YMMV.
Can you provide a reproducible test case that demonstrates index corruption?

Doug