Lucene is thread and process safe.

An IndexReader, once opened, always reflects the same state of the index. To see changes made by another thread or process you must open a new IndexReader.

Doug

Joe Consumer wrote:
I read a while back that Lucene is not thread safe. That was in the FAQ on Lucene at jakarta, but that was
in June of 2001. Has there been any changes in this? I remember reading something that said Lucene was
thread safe when I first starting looking at Lucene,
but I don't recall the date of the article.

I'm using Lucene right now and very happy with the
results, but I need to know if I should try to
accomodate for thread safety or not. What are the
risks of doing "dirty reads"?

thanks
charlie