Hi Claude,

one solution is to make the tokenStream method in the Analyzer subclass
listen to the field name. Example:

                TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(reader);

                result = new StandardFilter(result);
                result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
                result = new StopFilter(result, stoptable);
                if (fieldName.startsWith("phonetic_") && phon != null) {
                        result = new PhoneticFilter(result, phon);
                        return result;
                }
                result = new SnowballFilter(result, "German");
                return result;
        }

(In my index I have phonetically encoded fields that are filtered
differently.)

Ciao, Gregor