> It does seem handy to avoid exact phrase matches on "phone boy" when
> stop word is removed though, so patching StopFilter to put in the
> missing positions seems reasonable to me currently.  Any objections
> to that?

So "phone boy" would match documents containing "phone the boy"?  That
doesn't sound right to me, as it assumes what the user is trying to do.
 Wouldn't it be better to allow the user to decide what he wants?
(i.e. "phone boy" returns documents with that _exact_ phrase.  "phone
boy"~2 also returns documents containing "phone the boy").

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, long day, plus 1:30 AM.

Otis