1) Is there a way to set the query boost factor depending not on the presence of a
term, but on the presence of two specific terms?  For example, I may want to boost the
relevance of a document that contains both "iraq" and "clerics", but not boost the
relevance of documents that contain only one or the other terms. (The idea is better
discrimination than if I simply boosted both terms.)

2) Is it possible to apply (or simulate) a negative query boost factor?  For example,
I may have a complex query with lots of terms but want to reduce the relevance of a
matching document that also included the term "iowa". ( The idea is for an easier and
more discriminating way than simply increasing the relevance of all other terms
besides "iowa").

3) Is there a way to handle variants of a phrase without OR'ing together the variants?
 For example, I may want to find documents dealing with North Korea; the terms might
be "north korea" or "north korean" or "north koreans" - is there a way to handle this
with a single term using wildcards?

Regards,

Terry