Further on this topic - has anyone tried implementing a distributed
search with Lucene?  How does it work and does it work well?

Anson

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamish Carpenter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 5:24 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Lucene scalability/clustering

Hi All,

I'm Hamish Carpenter who contributed the benchmarks with the comment
about the IndexSearcherCache.  Using this solved our issues with too
many files open under linux.

The original IndexSearcherCache email is here:

See here for a copy of the above message and a download link:
http://www.geocities.com/haytona/lucene/
The mailing list doesn't like attachments.  The source is 10K in size.

HTH

Hamish Carpenter.