From: Ype Kingma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 2:00 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Result scoring question

It seems that the problem is in the idf weights.
Try using a scorer that returns a constant for the idf.
You can inherit all the default behaviour and only override the idf().

The idf weights are established for Lucene terms, which are a combination
of a field and a text term. If a text term occurs infrequently in one field, it
will score higher than in a field in which it occurs frequently.
(idf means inverse document frequency).
My guess is this is what's happening here.

Good luck,
Ype