Hi.

I had this problem when i transfered a Lucene index by FTP in "ASCII" mode. Using binary mode, i never has such a problem.

Philippe

From: James Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:15:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I have a web site whose search is driven by Lucene
1.3.  I've been doing some load testing using JMeter
and occassionally I will see the exception below when
the search page is under heavy load.

Has anyone seen similar errors during load testing?

I've seen some posts with similar exceptions and the
general consensus is that this error means that the
index is corrupt.  I'm not sure my index is corrupt
however.  I can run all the queries I use for load
testing under normal load and I don't appear to get
this error.

Is there any way to verify that a Lucene index is
corrupt or not?

Thanks,

Jim

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 53 >= 52
        at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:135)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:103)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:275)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsReader.document(SegmentsReader.java:112)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:107)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Hits.java:130)