On May 24, 2004, at 4:50 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I tried this, but no it does not work. I'm concerned that escaping the
minus symbol does not appear to work. The field is indexed as a keyword so
is not tokenized - I've checked the contents using luke which confirms
this.

You will need to write a custom analyzer to handle this situation. Indexing a Keyword as "en-us" does not do anything special for QueryParser. QueryParser analyzes everything, so a special analyzer needs to be in place to basically do no analysis (pass through as-is a single token) for this particular field.