It sounds to me like you need a newer version of Java.

-----Original Message-----
From: milind honrao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: help needed in starting lucene

Hi,

I am just a beginner. I installed lucene according to the intsructions
provided.
I did all the changed to the environment variables
when i try to run the test program for building indexes using the following
command:  java  org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles test/Doc
I am getting the following exception
Exception in thread "main" class java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: MD5:
Class not found.