Hi,

Does anyone know whether Lucene can perform a search on 2 separate index files with
joining a common field? I am trying to similate the database table join relationship.

As an illustration, let's say we have the following 2 different indice:

Index 1 (Course Information)
----------------------------
Field: course_id
Field: course_title
Field: course_description

Index 2 (Registered Students)
-----------------------------
Field: course_id
Field: student_id
Field: first_name
Field: last_name

I would like to perform a keyword search on the course_description and return a list
of students who registered for the course. Although I can have perform multiple
searches to achieve the same results, it could be very expensive as the index becomes
more complicated.

Thanks,
Terence