Thanks for the info!

--- Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

AFAIK you don't have to close the writer

> [...]

that the IndexReader only picks up changes once it is

> opened.  I'm just
trying to determine whether the IndexWriter first needs to

> be closed or
if that is not necessary.

> --- Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> wrote:

> IndexReader will pick the changes as it is opened.

> > If new
documents

Message-----

not a lucene guru, I might be wrong</disclaimer> Where

> I'm

> > less sure
is with a FSDirectory, as it uses an internal RAMDirectory.

> If two

separate processes (within the same classloader, FS with same paths

wrote:

> > > Hi,

> > > Does anyone know if the IndexWriter
has to be closed

> for an

> > > IndexReader to pick up the changes?

> > > Thanks.

> > --- Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > wrote:

> Hi,

> >   - open index writer

>   - add document