On Friday 06 August 2004 08:37, Tino Schöllhorn wrote:

> I am aware that the Lucene Query-Api supports wildcards, but as far as I
> know I cannot add a * in front of a query-term.

That should be possible, but it will be slow if you have many terms. Another
idea is to additionally index the word in reverse order: bergbahn ->
nhabgreb, then a query for nhab* will find all words that end with bahn (you
can use a prefix query then, which is not as slow as a WildcardQuery but
still slow).

Regards
 Daniel