Hi

Apologies......

  Can somebody provide me Approximate answers   [ Which is Better choice ]

  A search of  10,000 subindexes using  multisearcher

                                  or

 a search on  One Single Merged Index [ merged 10,000 Sub indexes ]

a) SubIndexes  10,000 ( <  future)

b) Field to be searche upon   = 4

c)Field type present in Indexed format = 15

d)  RAM = 1GB

 e) O/s Linux [ Clustered Enviournament]

 f) Processor make AMD [Probably High End]

 g) WebServer Tomcat 5.0.x

  1)Which would be Faster ???;

  2)If not What is may be the Probable Solution.

Karthik