UPDATE
- sort fixed (the sort was inversed!)
- set gram dynamicaly (depending of the length of the word)
- use the FuzzyQuery score: ((edit distance)/(length of word))
- new Dictionary interface + LuceneDictionary  and PlaintextDictionary implementation
- replace addWords method by indexDictionary(Dictionnary dic)
- add  a new public method: boolean exist(word)
- add a build.xml

see the wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/SpellChecker

1 - Could we put the spellchecker to the sandbox.. it'll be easier to maintain than
use Bugzilla/wiki process ?

2 - Jonathan Hager: Could you test this version with our dictionary and said me the
results ?

3 - I search a french dictonary , someone has a URL where i could download it ?

thanks to Jonathan Hager, and Aad Nales for your suggestions / observations ;-)

Nicolas Maisonneuve