Hi,

I'm getting:

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out

I have
a writer service that opens the index to delete and add docs.  I have a reader
service that opens the index for searching only.

This error occurs when
the reader service opens the index (this takes about 500ms).  Meanwhile the
writer service tries to open it a couple milliseconds later.  The reader service
hasn't fully opened the index yet and this exception gets thrown.

What
are my options?  Should I just set the timeout to a higher value?

Thanks.