If you have more than one lucene application running on the same machine, they all share the same temp file? Atleast I had this problem when I run my application in 2 diff instances of weblogic on the same machine.
Praveen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Otis Gospodnetic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: False Locking Conflict?

It is possible, but it's not likely, as other users are not reporting
this.

Otis

--- Luke Shannon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey All;

Is it possible for there to be a situation where the locking file is
in place after the reader has been closed?

I have extra logging in place and have followed the code execution.
The reader finishes deleting old content and closes (I know this for
sure). This is the only reader instance I have for the class (it is a
static member). The reader is not re-opened. I try to open the writer
and I get my old friend:

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:

Lock@/usr/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/temp/lucene-398fbd170a5457d05e2f4d43210f7fe8-write.lock

This code is synchronized so I am sure there is no other processes trying to do the same thing. It looks to me like the reader is closing and the lock file is not being removed. Is this possible?

Luke