Erik Hatcher wrote:
The Hits object already does some most-recently-used caching.

Is there any docs on this or should I look in source?

I plan on terabytes search, and have used DAO caching (ibatis) to make my db fast.
I have no idea how fast Lucene will be untill I am done and loaded and have querries coming in, but I know I will need to manage the cache.
It depends on how good and tuneable is "some LRU caching" in Hits. Is it soft? Can it take up 2 gigs of ram?

tia
.V